Easy and Mouth Watering Homemade Coffee Ice Cream Recipe to Try at Home
If you are looking for a delicious way to end your meal, look no further than coffee ice cream! It is easy to make, adds a special touch to any meal, and is perfect for the summer!
Replace regular coffee with DAYES Enzyme Fermented Coffee for a healthier option. DAYES Enzyme Fermented Coffee is very low in caffeine, and only has 10-15% of the caffeine found in regular coffee. The whole family can enjoy this homemade coffee ice cream.
The low acidity in the enzyme fermented coffee will also help to make the ice cream even smoother and creamier. It only requires eight ingredients to create this ice cream that has a rich, creamy, and bold coffee flavor, which will surely satisfy a variety of palates. Let’s get started!
- 1 ½ cups of whole milk
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- A pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 ½ cups of heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 ½ cups of DAYES Enzyme Fermented Coffee beans
- ¼ teaspoon of finely ground DAYES Enzyme Fermented Coffee
- In a saucepan, heat milk, sugar, whole coffee beans, salt, and ½ cup cream until hot but not boiling. Cover, remove from the heat, and let steep for one hour at room temperature.
- Set the remaining cream into a bowl over an ice bath with a mesh strainer.
- Warm the milk and coffee mixture again on medium heat. Whisk the egg yolks. Slowly pour the heated milk and coffee mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly, so that the warm milk does not cook the eggs. Return the warmed egg yolks mixture to the saucepan.
- Cook egg milk coffee mixture (custard) until it thickens and coats the spatula.
- Strain the custard. Discard the coffee beans and mix in vanilla extract and finely ground offer.
- Chill and process in the ice cream maker.
Recipe reference: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/coffee_ice_cream/
Why Homemade Ice Cream is Healthier
- Store bought ice cream can contain artificial colors, flavors, thickeners, and fillers
- You know exactly what goes into your ice cream because you made it!
- You can control and replace any ingredients to suit your family’s tastes/needs
Creating your own coffee ice cream at home is a rewarding and delightful experience. With just a few simple ingredients and a little patience, you can enjoy a frozen treat that perfectly captures the rich and robust flavor of coffee. Whether it’s a summer afternoon delight or a cozy winter treat, this homemade coffee ice cream is sure to become a favorite among coffee enthusiasts and dessert lovers. So, what are you waiting for? Get mixing!